Login NowClose 
Sign In to chronicle-tribune.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account

Family uninjured in Tuesday evening fire

STRUCTURE FIRE: A fire that took place at 2620 N. Lagro Road on Tuesday evening.

By Clay Winowiecki - cwinowiecki@chronicle-tribune.com

A structure fire occurred at 2620 N. Lagro Road at Tuesday evening. No one was injured in the fire.

The three residents were all home at the time of the fire and took refuge in their vehicle. 

They huddled in their red truck, joined by their dog. Their eyes set fixedly as they watched the scene unfold as reams of firefighters occupied their home. 

“Well the light flickered while I was in the kitchen doing dishes,” Sharon Rodgers said. 

Sharon Rodgers told her husband, Lennard Rogers, she believed a breaker blew in the house. 

Only a moment later, she saw smoke rolling out of her father’s bedroom. 

“We haven’t determined where the starting point was yet,” said Capt. Caleb Hodon, of the Washington Township Fire Department. “We (originally) had concerns it was a fuel tank outside the basement window.”

The Washington Fire Department began spraying the front side of the house. When more fire crews arrived on scene, they made entry into the home.